Personally my favorite Happy Hour spots in San Francisco are: Umami, Bar Crudo, Palm House, Ichi Sushi, Amelie, El Techo, and Jones but below is a more extensive list with all the details for each place! 🙂
Palomino – American
- Everyday, 3-11
- Drinks: $5-$7 wines, $6-$8 cocktails
- Food: so many options!! Go look at their menu. link here!
Waterbar – Seafood
- Everyday, 11:30-5:30. $1.05 oysters
- Mon-Fri 2-5:30 is the drink happy hour: $5 beer, $6 wine, $7 cocktails
- Nice back patio overlooking the bay bridge!
- While the only food they have to offer you for the happy hour special are oysters, this restaurant is really nice, has an amazing view right on the water, and I have only heard good reviews. 100% recommend.
Financial District / Downtown / SoMa
Alta CA – American
- Mon -Fri, 4-6
- Drinks: $5 cider, house cocktail, house wine
- Food: $6-$17 – olives, deviled eggs, salad, cheeseburger
Anchor & Hope – Seafood
- Mon-Fri, 4:30-6
- Drinks: $5 beer, $6 wine
- Food: $1 oysters, small plates – fries, chicken bites, shrimp tacos
Bar Agricole – American
- Mon -Sat, 5-6
- Food: $1 oysters, $2.50 sausages
- Drinks: wine discounts
Bellota – Spanish Tapas
- Every day, 4-6 pm
- Food: $6 spiced almonds, olives, cheese of the day
- Drinks: $5 vermut, sangria, $6 beer option, $3 sherry
Coin-Op Game Room – Arcade Bar
- Mon – Fri 4-7 pm
- Food: $6 shishito peppers, $7 corn dog bites, $9 wings, $12 poutine, $14 pizza
- Drinks: $2 off draft beers, $6 well drinks, $8 cocktails, $32 multi-player cocktail
- Really cool, fun spot in SoMa. 10,000 square foot space features multiple bars and is an arcade lovers haven, full of arcade games such as Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and many others.
Comstock Saloon – Bar
- Mon -Fri, 3-7. Sat – Sun, 4-7
- Drinks: $7 Derby cocktail, $7 shot and beer combos
- Food: nada
Dirty Water – American
- Mon-Fri, 3-6
- Drinks: $5 beer, $7 wine, $8 moscow mule and old fashioned
- Food: $5 snacks, $9 “beef tips”…?, $11 cheese plate and charcuterie plate
- This place has really cool lounge-esque vibes – big chairs, comfy couches, ect.
District – Lounge
- Mon-Fri 4-6, Saturday 5-7
- Food: $6 bites (nuts, olives, stuffed figs, deviled eggs, fries, albacore ceviche, tempura avocado, risotto. $1 oysters.
- Drinks: $6 well drinks, $6 wines and beer (daily selections)
- Love the ambiance of this place – it is a bar/lounge with a few tables surrounding the bar area. Has a swanky upscale feel, great spot for appetizers and drinks or a date! They have a huge charcuterie menu….love. It’s not on the HH menu, but get a cheap drink and splurge on some bomb salami and cheese.
E&O Kitchen And Bar – American
- Mon-Sat, 3-6
- Drinks: $4 beers, $6 cocktails and wine
- Food: Bar bites – $1 oysters, $1 dumplings, sliders, skewers, and more!
Gaspar Brasserie – French
- Mon -Fri, 4 – 6
- Drinks: $5 wine, $6 vodka and champagne cocktails
- Food: $1 oysters and deviled eggs, $3 fries
Pabu – Japanese
- Mon -Fri, 3-6
- Drink: $5-$8 sake, $8.88 22 oz Sapporo, $6.88 house wine
- Food: Small plates – $1.88 oysters, $3.88 pork bun, $4.88 hand roll, $2.88 skewers, $6.88 fried chicken
- I have no clue why everything ends in .88….if anyone finds out please let me know haha.
Plouf – French Seafood
- Mon -Fri, 2:30-6:30 on terrace, 6:30 -10 at the bar
- Drink: $7 cocktails- margs, martinis, cosmos, $7 wines, $5 beer
- Food: lots of small plates- $1 oysters, $7 oysters Rockefeller, corn, crab cakes, slides, and much more
Press Club – Wine Bar
- Mon – Thurs, 4 – 6. Fri – Sun, 2 – 6.
- $3 off glasses of wine
Tres Tequila Bar and Lounge – Mexican
- Mon – Fri, 3 – 6 + during giants home games!
- Drinks: $7 margs, $5 sangria
- Food: $6 guacamole, bean dip, $4 tacos, $7 bacon wrapped hot dog, $13 queso fundito, and a few other items!
Uno Dos Tacos – Mexican
- Mon – Fri, 4 – 8
- Drinks: $7 margaritas, $4 beers, $5 sangria
- Food: $5 quesadillas, guacamole, bean dip, and a few other items
- Nice patio area! Same owners as El Techo, Belga, Lolinda, Super Duper, and Delarosa
Blackbird Bar – Bar
- Mon-Fri, 5-8
- Drinks: $2 select beers, $4 well drinks, $6 house wine, margaritas, and old fashioned
- There’s a pool table.
Two Sisters Bar & Books – Bar
- Tue – Fri 4-6. Sat – Sun, 1-4
- Drinks: $3 draft beer, $5 house wine and cocktails
- Food: $5 snacks – onion dip, deviled eggs, bread pudding, potato chips
Lower Nob Hill aka Tenderloin
Chambers SF – American
- Tues – Fri, 5-7 pm. Tuesday 9-11 pm as well
- Drinks: $5 beers, wines, and cocktails. $7 boilermaker (a shot of whiskey and a beer)
- Food: $5 specials – spiced bar nuts, patatas bravas, chicken liver mousse and crostini, Dungeness crab cake, fried oyster bao bun, and fried Brussels sprouts with gochujang sauce, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese
- Chambers SF is swanky/trendy bar/restaurant located in the Tenderloin, great spot for happy hour, date, grabbing drinks with friends. The space itself is pretty large so easy to find seating. They also do boozy brunch on the weekends.
Jones – American
- Tue -Fri 5-7
- Drinks: $3 beer special, $5 wine, $5 drink special
- Food: $5-$15 small bites- olives, fries, pizza, sliders, wings, pizza, meatballs, cheese, charcuterie
- They have a lot of food options! Plus $5 wine, this is a really amazing happy hour! Also they have this really nice patio, great spot to hang out after work with friends. cash only!! They have an ATM inside though. Last time I went they let us pay with a cc if we sat at the tables. Not sure if that is the same for happy hour.
Marina / Cow Hollow
Belga – Belgan
- Mon-Fri, 4-6
- Drinks: $5 beer, $5 champagne
- Food: $5 fries, a few other small plates
Flores – Mexican
- Mon-Fri 4-6 pm (bar only
- Food: $3 chips and salsa, $10 guac, $3 tacos, few other options
- Drinks: 47 margarita, $7 vodka cocktail, $4/5 beer, $10 shot of tequila, sangria, and a beer
Hollow Cow – American
- Tues – Sat 4-7 pm
- Food: $1 wings, other food items ranging from $3-12 such as: fries, tater tots, salad, short rib tacos, meatballs, mac n cheese, and spinach artichoke dip.
Pacific Catch – Casual Seafood
- Mon – Fri, 4 – 6 pm. Fri – Sat, 10 pm – close
- Drinks: specials on draft beers, cocktails, wine, and pitchers. Half off bottles of wien on Tuesdays
- Food: a lot of options. They have specials on fries, tacos, and a bunch of bar bites – coconut shrimp, california roll, spicy tuna roll, ribs, shrimp tempura roll, calamari, and much more
Palm House – Hawaiian Fusion
- Tues – Fri, 5 – 6:30
- Drinks: $7 cocktails, $5 beers, half off wine bottles
- Food: Small plates- $5 fries, $8 wings, $6 smashed avocado
The Dorian – American
- Tues – Fri, 4:30 – 6
- Drinks: $5 house wine, $4 ale, half off sparkling and rose wine bottles
- Food: $1 oysters, $1.5 deviled eggs, $5 truffle fries
- This place took over where Circa used to be off Chestnut St., the decor looks amazing, I have heard the food is good, definitely recommend The Dorian as a perfect happy hour spot in San Francisco.
The Tipsy Pig – American
- Mon – Thurs, 5:30 – 6:30
- Drinks: half off bottles of wine (from 5-7 pm)
- Food: $3 bites – fries and tots, $7 snacks – burrata, preztel bites, mac n cheese, lettuce & beets, caesar salad, $9 plates – popcorn shrimp, cheese plate, mini burgers, BBQ pork sliders
- Tipsy Pig is a popular spot in the marina. They have an amazing back patio area with tables and communal seating. Their strawberry fields drink is amazinggg. Fun spot.
El Techo – Mexican
- Mon – Fri, 4 – 6
- Drinks: $7 margaritas, $4 beers, $18 sangria pitcher, a few more options too
- Food: $5 bar bites (guacamole, chicken empanadas, pollo frito, patacon)
- Perfect spot to come for happy hour if you are in the mission. Around this time the sun is setting so you have an amazing view of the city. Plus everyone loves guacamole and margaritas after a long day of work.
Elixir – Dive Bar
- Mon – Fri, 3 – 7
- Drinks: $2 off house cocktails, beers, and well drinks
Hog & Rocks – Gasropub
- Mon – Fri, 5 – 6:30
- Drinks: $4 beer, $7 wine and cocktails
- Food: $1 oysters, $8 sliders, $7 corn dog
- Everyday, 5:30 – 7
- Drinks: $4 beer, $6 sake, $6 glass of wine
- Food: a lot of options! $3 skewers, $6 snacks – chicken wings, tofu, vegetables, $9-$14 dishes
Teeth SF – Bar
- Mon-Fri, 4-7
- Drinks: $3 bottled beer, $4 well drinks
- Food: Wednesday $.25 wings
- Dive bar -esque. Really popular spot for wing Wednesday. Can make a reservation for larger groups. Great back patio area, good for large groups. They do trivia on Mondays!
1760 – American
- Everyday, 5 – 6
- Drinks: $8 cocktails
- Food: $3-$7 small plates (olives, roasted carrots, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, mushroom tempura)
- Pretty good options, not enough for a meal but great spot to have a drink and a few delicious snacks.
Amelie – Wine Bar
- Everyday, 5-7
- Drinks: $10 customizable wine flights
- Food: $5 flatbread, $20 charcuterie plate
- Really cute wine bar right off of Polk Street in Nob Hill. $10 for a “create your own” flight of wine, sign me up.
Nook – Wine Bar
- Everyday, 5 – 7
- Drinks: $3.50 wine, $1.50 PBRs, $4 cocktails and sangria
- Food: $5.75 pita pizzas
Bar Crudo – Seafood
- Everyday, 5 – 6:30
- Drinks: $4 beer, $6 red and white wine
- Food: $1 oysters and mussels, $6 peppers, clams, and chowder, $10 rock cod tacos
- Bar Crudo is always ranked very highly for San Francisco Happy Hour destinations, and for good reason. Normally this spot is pretty $$$, so take advantage of the high quality seafood and trendy ambiance without it breaking the bank.
Fly Bar – American Bar
- Mon-Fri, 3:30-6:30
- Drinks: $3 beers, sangria
- Food: $7 pizza
- Everyday 5 – 7:30 pm
- Drinks: $5 sherry, $7 Pimm’s Cup, Picon Punch, and Vermut; $28 sangria pitcher, $35 Pimm’s pitcher.
- Food: they have food here, but no deals for HH
- Cool spot, great place for a date.
- Everyday 4-6 pm
- not sure what they deals are
- They do Free Lunch Firday – get free lunch with purchase of 2
The Boardroom – Bar
- Mon-Fri, 4-7
- Drinks: $4 draft beers and well shots, $8 beer and shot combo
- Food: $5 nachos
- Don’t come here for the nachos, come to drink.
Harry’s Bar – Bar
- Mon – Fri, 4-6 pm.
- Drinks: $4 draft beer, $5 well drinks, $6 house wine
- Misc specials: Tuesday 1/2 off premium bottles of wine. Wednesday $10 for shot and beer combo. Thursday/Friday $9 cocktail of the day special.
Palmer’s Tavern – American
- Everyday 4-6 pm
- Drinks: $6 sangria, beer, and wells; $8 house cocktails, and wine!
- Food: variety of options from $3 – $14 such as – Brussels sprout chips, deviled eggs, meatballs, burrata, mac n cheese, ribs, sliders.
- Classic old-time feel, wood paneling, large chairs. Nice neighborhood spot to grab happy hour in Pac Heights.
Tataki – Sushi Bar
- Everyday 5-6:30 pm.
- Drinks: $4 beer, $6 sake, $7 margaritas and mule (made with sake)
- Food: $4 hand rolls, $5 cut rolls, $4 edamame
- Love this place! Good food, good service, nice presentation.
Wine Jar – Wine Bar
- Everyday 4-7 pm
- Drinks: 20% off all wine bottles, $2 off all beers
- Food: 25% off cheese plates
- Nice, casual neighborhood wine bar. Cozy ambiance, couches to sit in.
Park Chalet – American / Seafood
- Mon – Fri, 3-6
- Drinks: $6 vodka cocktails, $4 pints, $9 steins
- Food: $1 oysters
- They have a cool outdoor patio area.
Bullit – Sports Bar
- Mon-Fri 4-6 pm
- Drinks: $3 bottled beers, $4 well drinks
- Food: $5 select menu items. Do $.25 wings on Wednesdays!
- Fun place to watch sports – they have a bunch of TVs hanging up, but it can get pretty crowded here since it is on the smaller side.
Mezcalito – Trendy Mexican
- Tues-Sun 5-6:30 pm, Thurs – Sat 10-11 pm
- Drinks: $5 wine, $2 off well cocktails, $8 margaritas, $7 sangria, mojito, and caipirinha, $5 shot and beer combos
- Food: no deals on food. But they do have Taco Tuesday specials – with tacos starting from $4.
- Mezcalito is one of my favorite new restaurants in San Francisco! It’s located right on Polk street in Russian Hill. It is a full restaurant/bar so you can come here to grab dinner at one of their comfy booths or snag a spot at the bar/communal tables for a more low key setting to enjoy a marg and some guac (the essentials).
Photo cred @fredelromano