DOMO – YAAAS (9.0)
- Nice Neighborhood Sushi Bar – $$
- Best Dishes:
- Fish Tacos
- Temptation Roll
- Domo Roll
- Best For: Nice/Casual Dinner, Date, No Reservations, Small Group, Sushi
- The sushi is seriously amazing here. My favorite sushi spot San Francisco. No reservations; plus it’s a really small spot, so I wouldn’t recommend going with more than 2 other people.
- Traditional Italian – $$
- Best For: Casual dinner, no reservations
- Really casual Italian restaurant in Hayes. Traditional decor, nothing fancy – think plastic tablecloths and old wooden chairs, but the food itself is authentic and delicious.
- Modern, Upscale French – $$$
- Best For: Nice Dinner, Special Occasion, Fancy Date
- Elegant, sophisticated space, but not too fancy. I would say its similar to Octavia vibes. You need to make a reservation.
RICH TABLE – YAAS (8.2)
- Trendy American – $$$
- Best Dishes:
- Brussels Sprout Bites
- Porcini Donuts
- Burrata Appetizer
- Tajarin Lobster Pasta
- Best For: Nice Dinner, Date, Trendy
- This place is hard to get a reservation at, you need to book well in advance. Nice cozy ambiance, and the food is really good. The menu is a little different – don’t bring any picky eaters here. The food is really good. Come here if you are looking for a dining experience – they have a tasting menu that is awesome.
SMITTEN – YAAS (8.5)
- Ice Cream – $
- They make their ice cream with liquid nitrogen, which is really cool to watch, the downside is you can’t try any of the flavors, but you really can’t go wrong with whatever you choose so not a problem. Flavors change seasonally.
- There is a second location in pac heights.
SOUVLA – YAAS (7.5)
- Casual Greek – $$
- Best Dishes:
- Any of the pita wraps
- Baklava Greek Yogurt!
- Best For: Casual Lunch/Dinner, Take Out, No Reservations
- Casual atmosphere- You order at the counter and then find a place to sit. There is a lot of hype about this place and their pita sandwiches are really good. Great spot for a fast casual meal. Their Greek Yogurts are all amazing too! My favorite is the baklava one.
SUPPENKUCHE – YAAS (7.5)
- Traditional German – $$
- Best Dishes:
- Potato Pancakes
- Best For: Casual Dinner, German Food, Groups
- If you are a fan of German food and beer then this is your spot. Only open for dinner. If you can’t get a reservation go right before they open (5:00 pm) and you will most likely be able to get a table.
- Upscale American – $$$
- Must Order:
- CHICKEN FOR 2
- Best For: Nice Lunch/Dinner, Date, Parent Meal, Hot Spot, Business Meal
- Zuni Cafe is always rated one of the top restaurants in San Francisco on so many food lists! The ambiance is really nice – there are these huge glass windows that give it a really open fresh feel. Top notch service and experience. Really high quality food, with dishes on the menu you can actually understand haha. Great spot to enjoy a nice, upscale meal without it being overly trendy – comparable to Nopa or Park Tavern. Difficult-ish to get a reservation, but they also take walk ins. If you come here you MUST get the chicken, seriously.
BIERGARTEN – YAAAS (9.0)
- Outdoor German Beer Garden – $$
- Best For: Drinks, Outdoor Seating, German Food, Groups, No Reservation
- Really cool place to come one day when the weather is nice and you want to have a beer (a stein is $17). The food is also really good (the banana knot is my fave), but if you are simply looking for good German food go to Superkunch, come here because you want to drink and be outdoors.
- Be prepared to wait in line (all open seating), this place is really popular so you should get there 15 minutes before they open and even then there will already be a long line. I have had to wait over an hour for the food/beer line on a Saturday before. They have blankets for when it gets cold!
- Popular Bar – $$
- Best For: Drinks, Date, Happy Hour
- Perfect spot for drinks in Hayes Valley. The atmosphere meets in the middle of casual and fun. This is a pretty small bar though so don’t roll in with tooo big of a crew. They also have a happy hour 2-7pm everyday.
- Trendy, Intimate Wine Bar – $$
- Best For: Drinks, date, after work drinks
- Small spot, with a trendy ambiance. Good wine selection and they have a cheese/charcuterie board! Perfect spot for a date or after work drinks.
- Cozy, Old- Fashioned Cocktail Bar – $$
- Small bar right off Hayes st. This place is pretty popular, but I have been once and truthfully I don’t really need to go back here. Definitively an older, more mellow crowd. Good cocktails though so if you want somewhere quiet to enjoy a nice drink with someone this is your place. Happy hour Mon-Fri 4-6pm, Sat -Sun 1-4pm where they have good deals on drinks.