B. PATISSERIE – YAAS (8.4)
- Pastry Shop – $
- Get a Kouign Amann
JANE ON FILMORE – YAAS (8.6)
- Trendy Cafe – $$
- Must Order:
- Avocado Toast!! (the ricotta honey toast is also bomb)
- All their cookies
- Egg White Sandwich
- Rainbow salad- so delicious, has hummus on top
- Best For: Casual Brunch/Lunch, No Res, want to grab a coffee/pastry, Grab n Go
- This place is a hot spot, and well deserved. Everything on their menu is fairly healthy, very fresh, and delicious. No reservations, it is a coffee shop of sorts. There will probably be a line out the door, but it goes by relatively quickly. Get the avocado toast. Get a latte. Sit and hang out here for a while.
- Casual Mediterranean – $$
- Best For: Mediterranean, Casual Lunch/Dinner, Patio, No Reservations
- La Mediterranee is the epitome of a quaint little neighborhood gem! It is located right on Fillmore St. and the restaurant itself is really small, so it is usually pretty crowded during popular hours. They have a few tables on the front patio which are nice to sit at on a nice day. The ambiance is home-y and the servers are always really nice and welcoming. Now onto the food – really, really good! I stumbled into this place one day and was pleasantly surprised how good everything was. Perfect spot to hop in and grab some well-cooked Mediterranean food. Website
- Trendy, Intimate American – $$$
- Must Order:
- Deviled Egg
- Best For: Nice Dinner, Date, Parent Dinner, Special Occasion, Trendy
- This place is supposed to be reallyyy good, pretty difficult to get a reservation so book well in advance!
Out The Door – YAAAS (9.2)
- Upscale Vietnamese – $$
- Must Order:
- Crispy Imperial Rolls
- Crab Cellophane Noodles
- Chicken Clay Pot
- Best For: Nice Dinner, Date, Last Minute Reservation/No Res
- Same owners at Slanted Door in the Ferry Building, same AMAZING food, but this spot is a much smaller location with a smaller menu. They take reservations but you can walk in and grab a seat at the bar or large communal table.
PIZZERIA DELFINA – YAAAS (8.3)
- Nice, Casual Pizza – $$
- Best For: Casual Lunch/Dinner, Take Out, No Reservations, Pizza
- So this is the sister restaurant to Delfina in the Mission. This is 1 of 2 locations for the pizzeria (the other one is attached to Delfina). Every pizza here is bomb. They don’t take reservations, so if you go at a busy time there will probably be a bit of a wait but there are a lot of shops on Fillmore you can walk around to while you wait.
ROAM BURGER – YAAS (8.5)
- Instagram Worthy Burgers – $$
- Best Burgers:
- French and Fries
- Sunny Side
- Best For: Casual Lunch/Dinner, No Reservations, Groups, Burger
- This is a chain so there another location in the Marina. Come here for delicious, decadent burgers.
SMITTEN – YAAS (8.5)
- Ice Cream – $
- Best Flavors:
- Salted Caramel + Brown Sugar Topping
- Cookie Dough
- They make their ice cream with liquid nitrogen, which is really cool to watch, the downside is you can’t try any of the flavors, but you really can’t go wrong with whatever you choose so not a problem. Also- flavors change seasonally.
SPQR – YAAAS (9.2)
- Upscale, Trendy Italian – $$$
- Must Order: (menu changes often)
- Truffle specials
- Brassicas and Grains Appetizer
- Yellow Corn Ravioli
- Best For: Nice Dinner, Parent Dinner, Nice Date, Special Occasion
- SPQR is an intimate, upscale Italian spot in Pac Heights. The restaurant is quite small and the feel is very cozy. Each dish comes out looking amazing, and tastes just as good. If you feel like splurging, please get one of their truffle specials, they are to die for.
- Eclectic, Dim Sum Style American – $$$
- Must Order:
- State Bird with Provisions
- Best For: Nice Dinner, Date, Parent Dinner, Trendy…just anytime you can get a table
- Like I mentioned above – really hard to get a reservation – reservations open up 60 days in advance, exactly at midnight. If you can’t snag a res- they save about half the tables for walk ins; they open at 5:30 so you should be there at 4:30 to wait in line to get a reservation, then you can go get a drink or go home and return at the time of your reservation. The food is dim Sum style meaning they come around pushing carts with all these different small dishes, would suggest going in a group of 3-4 so you can get multiple dishes to all share.
SWEET MAPLE – YAS (6.5)
- Basic Betch Brunch – $$
- Must Order:
- Millionnaire’s Bacon **
- Egg Benedict
- Best For: Brunch, Bottomless Brunch, Breakfast
- Sweet Maple is an SF staple in the brunch scene. There is always a huge crowd waiting outside the restaurant on weekends. Plan to wait for 1-2 hours. Is it worth the wait? eh not really. Don’t get me wrong the bacon is bomb, and the breakfast is good, but please just save yourself those 2 hours and go over to Blackwood Cafe in Marina.
- Tip: If you can make it here for a weekday breakfast you can enjoy the food without the crazy wait!
Tataki – YAAS (8.0)
- Casual, Intimate Sushi Bar – $$
- Best For: Dinner, Date, Last Minute/No Reservation, Happy Hour
- Tataki is a great little neighborhood sushi spot in Pacific Heights. They serve sustainable sushi…? Not 100% sure what that really means but along the lines of smarter, healthier fishing that is better for you and the environment, sounds good to me! Good food, good service, good presentation, perfect spot to grab some pretty good sushi without having to really plan ahead or make a big ordeal out of going to dinner. No reservations! Expect a 10-15 minute wait if you go during peak dining times! (Only open for dinner).
- Also they have good happy hour specials! Everyday 5-6:30 pm. $4 hand rolls, $5 cut rolls, $4 edamame, $4 beer, $6 sake, $7 margaritas and mule (made with sake).
- Trendy, Upscale American – $$$$
- Best For: Nice Dinner, Special Occasion
- Same owners as State Bird Provisions, back at it again. Come here for a culinary adventure, the menu is prix fix and for $58/person that includes 5 small appetizer bites and 4 main courses that you choose. Need reservation.